quinta-feira, 11 de fevereiro de 2010

Art.

This is (one of) my favorite painting:





The Scream - Edvard Munch

«I was walking down the road with two friends when the sun set; suddenly, the sky turned as red as blood. I stopped and leaned against the fence, fealing unspeakably tired. Tongues of fire and blood stretched over the bluish black fjord. My friends went on walking, while I lagged behind, shivering with fear. Then I heard the enormous, infinite scream of nature.» - Edvard Munch.



When you look at this piece of art, are you ignorant enough to say i's crap?!

I've heard so many ignorant people saying that even a baby could do this that it pisses me off like it's my painting. The feeling of this painting makes ME shiver of fear, it takes my emotions to another stage. I can see Munch's heart screaming in despair, I can see the blood red clouds, I see the colours crying in pain, in despair, in anxiety, in pure madness. I can see Munch's heart aching infinite pain, shouting out sorrow through his eyes. And I feel it so intensily that it makes me feel the same.
And this is why I love this painting so much. It's like the painting really has emotions. This is one of the best pieces of art in history, in my opinion, because it does what art is supposed to do. As Munch himself would say:

When seen as a whole, art derive's from a person's desire to communicate himself to another (...)

Art is your hearts blood.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário